What it can and cant do
CCleaner can be used to clean out the 'junk' that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files. Allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft.
CCleaner has many abilities, but it can't do everything. Here's a list of what it can and can't do.
- Protect your Web browsing privacy - delete passwords and other temporary Internet files, so that nobody will be able to see where you've been.
- Protect your privacy - by removing information about files and folders you've accessed.
- Wipe free disk space - remove traces of documents you've already deleted.
- Clean up the Windows Registry - remove information that's incorrect or no longer needed.
- Manage startup programs - reduce memory load and speed up boot times by letting you specify which programs automatically start with Windows.
- Uninstall software easily - even when the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet won't let you.
- Manage your cookies - tiny files on your PC that websites use to track your visits.
What CCleaner can't do:
- CCleaner can't detect or remove viruses, spyware, or malware.